What are the Benefits of MARFY Membership?
MARFY is the core association that exclusively represents providers who serve youth and families! Recent changes have led to decreased dues, increased benefits, improved relationships with state agencies, stronger legislative advocacy, and more! Through our recent partnership with Maryland Nonprofits, MARFY membership includes full membership in Maryland Nonprofits with all concurrent benefits. There has never been a better time to join MARFY!
MARFY is Your Voice in Annapolis
We Keep You Informed and Protect Your Interests
We are well positioned to keep our members informed about pending changes to laws and regulations and to protect our members’ interests in matters influenced by changes in public policy. Over the past decade, MARFY has played a leading role in the enactment of dozens of bills, the adoption of regulations and policies, and the successful discouragement of policy positions which would have harmful effects.
Public Policy Advocacy
MARFY advocates for progressive public policy affecting children, families, and service providers.
- We testify at important hearings on legislation affecting the private provider community
- We inform policy makers about the needs of disabled and disadvantaged children and about successful programs and agencies like yours that serve them and their families
- We provide you with access to and information about the Maryland Procurement System
- We support public policy efforts at the national level initiated by the Child Welfare League of America (CWLA), the Alliance for Children and Families, the Foster Family-Based Treatment Association (FFTA), and the National Organization of State Associations for Children (NOSAC)
Coalition and Member Interest Networks
MARFY Hosts 3 Coalitions and Other Groups
MARFY hosts coalitions and also offers networking opportunities through a variety of activities including: the Quarterly CEO Council Meetings, the Annual Conference, and the Annual Youth Achievement Award Banquet – and access to Maryland Nonprofits’ rich calendar of events, conferences, and symposia addressing contemporary issues.
GROUP HOME The Group Home Coalition comprises both the traditional and therapeutic group home providers and works together to advocate on issues related to certification, performance based contracting and other relevant matters.
RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT CENTERS The administrative heads of the eight private and two public residential treatment centers meet every other month to discuss topics of interest and issues relating to this service model.
TREATMENT FOSTER CARE The Treatment Foster Care Coalition takes a stand on issues related to public policy and service delivery on the state-level for children and youth who are placed in foster homes and in need of therapeutic services.
Access to Public Officials
We Have Access to Officials at the Most Senior Levels of Government
MARFY has access to State and local public officials at the most senior levels of government. We represent the interests of private providers on every state level committee, coalition, task force, and work-group that impacts their work with children and families. A few of the committees on which we are represented are:
- DHR Provider Advisory Committee
- The Advisory Committee to the Interagency Rate Committee
- The Children’s Cabinet Advisory Council
MARFY Provides You with Discounted Continuing Education Opportunities
MARFY provides a variety of discounted continuing education opportunities for direct care workers, supervisors, social workers, counselors, therapists, psychologists as well as executive level staff who are members.
- We have partnered with Training and eTracking Solutions to provide a variety of affordable, on-line continuing education opportunities. Participants receive CEUs and other credits which count toward requirements for continued professional certification.
- We host an Annual Conference featuring keynote speakers with timely and relevant messages and leading edge workshops that address critically important issues in the field. Participants receive CEUs for every session that they attend.
Collaboration with Other Advocates
We Partner with More Than a Dozen Organizations at both the National and State Level
MARFY recognizes that many other organizations share our commitment to strengthening families and communities and ensuring access to a comprehensive array of high quality services to meet the needs of all children and their families. We partner with more than a dozen organizations at both the national and state levels in order to stay current with best practices in the field and to be part of the collective advocacy voice.
Our Cost-Saving Benefits Help You Streamline Services
MARFY partners with a number of businesses to assist members with streamlining their services and saving money.
- MARFY members save 25% on COA Accreditation
- Discounts on D&O Liability Insurance, health insurance, worker’s compensation insurance, office supplies and more
- Free access to Standards for Excellence Educational Resource materials online
- Discounted consulting services for strategic planning, board development, fundraising, etc.
- Free meeting space in Baltimore and Rockville
- Discounted and free networking events, webinars and conferences throughout the year
- Free job postings on the Career Bank
Information Exchange, Reports, and Trend Analysis
Members are Provided with Comprehensive and Relevant Information
Through an electronic newsletter for members only we keep our members informed about myriad issues ranging from changes to laws and regulations to development opportunities. Members are also provided with comprehensive and timely information through publications like the Annual Report on Residential Child Care, Nonpublic General Education Program Per-Diem Rates, and Public Policy Reports.
MARFY Provides Member Capacity Building Assistance
Through Maryland Nonprofits, MARFY provides consultation and technical assistance in a range of topics that are critical to operating, leading, and evaluating a healthy nonprofit organization, including:
- Resource Development & Fundraising
- Board Development & Structure
- Finance & Operations
- And more!