When: Thursday, June 14, 2018; 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Where: The Maritime Institute, 692 Maritime Blvd, Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
Youth Nomination Deadline: May 20, 2018
The MARFY Youth Achievement Awards banquet has been a special tradition for provider agencies and their families and youth for many years. In a field that is often focused on the challenges of our youth and work, it is an evening to celebrate diligence, success, and growth. Whether you have young people who have achieved major goals, or youth whose accomplishments are more personal and extraordinary for them, we want to acknowledge them and all they have had to rise above to get there.
Last year’s Youth Achievement Awards attracted more than 150 people from throughout the state to celebrate the successes of 25 foster care youth. This year, we look forward to building on the success of last year’s event and hope you will join us to promote the optimism, progress, and promise of our youth!
Generously Sponsored by Kennedy Krieger Institute
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to receive a MARFY Youth Achievement Award?
How do we nominate a youth and how are they selected?
Nominations for the MARFY Youth Achievement Award must be made using the Nomination Form by May 20, 2018. Nominees should meet these criteria. The first 25 youth nominated will receive a certificate and $75 monetary award. Provider agencies are expected to purchase tickets for their youth nominee and his/her nominator/caseworker. Nomination forms will be accepted and award winners will be selected without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
What are the responsibilities of the nominator?
Each award nomination must be made on behalf of the nominating agency by staff personnel committed to performing the duties of the Nominator, which are as follows:
- Submitting a photograph of their nominee for the Awards Ceremony slideshow to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Serving as the contact person for all matters concerning the award nominee;
- Providing the award nominee transportation to and from the event;
- Accompanying the nominee to and during the event.
What is the deadline for submitting nominations?
Who can attend the Reception and how can tickets be purchased?
The award nominees, the nominator, the nominee’s family and friends, Board Members and staff of the nominating agency, placement agency caseworkers, and other children from the nominating agency, and anyone else important to the nominee are welcome and encouraged to attend the Reception.
Provider agencies are expected to purchase tickets for their youth nominee and his/her nominator/caseworker. All attendees must purchase tickets online.
- Individual (Member Agency) $65
- Table of 8 (Member Agency) $500
- Individual (Non-Member Agency) $75
- Table of 8 (Non- Member Agency) $600
How can my agency prepare youth who are attending the reception?
Help us make the Awards Ceremony a special, joyful night!
- Encourage and assist the children and guests attending the reception to dress nicely for the evening (outdoor wedding attire). If this is not possible, please note that the evening’s official attire is “business” and so we ask that no denim, torn clothing, or t-shirts are worn.
- Be sure to discuss with your nominee and other youth guests the expectations for the evening, with proper respectful behavior and sportsmanship being at the top of the list.